Library Renovation: Temporary Arrangements for Resources and Services
The Library is undergoing the next phase of the renovation project. This will affect both Level 2 and Level 3 beginning from 1 June 2015 to the end of November 2015. To facilitate these works, temporary arrangements will be made for the following resources and services currently on Level 2 and Level 3 of the Main Library on or prior to 1 June 2015.
1. The Circulation Counter on Level 3 of the Main Library will be temporarily relocated to the area adjacent to the main entrance on Level 3 on 1 June 2015.
2. The Information Desk will be temporarily relocated from Level 3 to the area near the lift on Level 4 on 1 June 2015.
3. New Books Display and Popular Books Display will be temporarily discontinued with immediate effect. Newly acquired printed books that have been catalogued will be directly shelved accordingly while the popular books will be integrated into the General circulating collection.
4. Public access to the staircase from Level 3 to Level 2 will be closed, and lift access to Level 2 will also be temporarily suspended with effect from 1 June 2015.
1. The entirety of Level 2 will be temporarily closed for renovation from 1 June 2015 to the end of November 2015. Thus the 24 x 7 access to the Library Learning Commons as well as its Group Study Rooms will be suspended during the renovation period. Alternate arrangements will be made on a temporary basis to provide 24 x 7 access to the AAB Learning Commons (which is under the management of Office of Students Affairs) during the 1st semester of AY2015/2016. Further announcements will be made in due course. (Users who need an enclosed space for discussion may consider reserving one of the Group Viewing Rooms located in the Multimedia Learning Centre on Level 4.)
2. The Current newspaper display shelf and back issues of newspapers will be relocated from Level 2 to Level 4. Also, only the latest 4 weeks of newspaper back issues will be retained in the Library with effect from 26 May 2015.
3. Vending machines in the Library Learning Commons on Level 2 will be removed until the completion of the renovation project.
4. Public computers, printers, and photocopiers originally on Level 2 will be temporarily inaccessible. Users are welcome to use other equipment available on Level 4 through Level 7.
5. The Reference Hong Kong (RHK) collection will be temporarily relocated from Level 2 to the open shelves adjacent to the Chinese Reference books on Level 4.
6. The map cabinets will be moved to storage on Level 1. Users who need to use maps are welcome to contact the Duty Staff at the Information Desk on Level 4 for assistance.
7. The Popular Magazines collection will be temporarily relocated to Level 4 adjacent to the newspaper shelves
Should users have any questions on the abovementioned temporary arrangements for library resources and services, please feel free to contact the Duty Staff at the temporary Information Desk on Level 4, call 3411-7363, or email email@example.com.
We apologize for the unavoidable inconvenience caused. Thank you for your kind understanding and support, and we look forward to providing you with an enhanced library environment in the near future.