We invite library patrons to join the HKBU Library Instagram Photo Contest from February to May 2021. The photo contest will have a different theme each month.
The contest is open to current HKBU students, faculty, staff (excluding Library staff), and HKBU Library Card Holders (e.g. Graduate package, JULAC card).
How to Submit
- If your Instagram account is public, please post the photo(s) on Instagram AND use hashtags #hkbulibrary and #photocontest.
- If your Instagram account is private, please send your photo(s) to the Library via direct message.
- The Library will acknowledge your submission when it is received.
- Participants can submit multiple entries to the contest.
- One HK$100 e-gift card will be awarded to the winner of each round.
- Prize collection: Winners will be notified via Instagram messaging. The e-gift card will be sent to winners via email.
|#||Theme||Submission||Judging||Announcement of Winning Entry|
|1||Love at first sight||1-14 Feb||15-19 Feb||22-26 Feb|
|2||Library of the future||1-14 Mar||15-19 Mar||22-26 Mar|
|3||My secret library||1-16 Apr||19-23 Apr||26-30 Apr|
|4||Working together in the library||1-15 May||17-21 May||24-28 May|
Entries will be judged by a panel of members from the HKBU Library Marketing and Communications Team on the following criteria: adherence to theme; creativity; composition; expression; and overall artistic impression. The photo(s) can be processed and edited by camera applications, editing applications, software, etc. All decisions made by HKBU Library are final. The Library also reserves the right not to select a winner for a particular round.
- Each entry must be an original work of the submitter.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your work(s) do not infringe upon the copyright of any third party.
- Copyright of any photo(s) submitted to the contest remains with you. However, by entering the contest, you grant HKBU Library a perpetual non-exclusive license to share, use, reproduce, disseminate, or remix your work(s) in any medium.
- Do not disturb other library users when taking photos.
- If there are people featured in your photo(s), you must have obtained their permission to be photographed.
- No external lighting equipment, flash, or tripods are allowed in the Library.
- Photography is not allowed in the reading area of the Library’s Special Collections and Archives.
- By entering the contest, you agree to abide by the rules of the contest and the decisions of the Judging Panel.
|1||Love at first sight||No winner|
|2||Library of the future||No winner|
|3||My secret library||Ms. Lewei HE|
Last updated: 21 April 2021