Filed under: Opening Hours, Services
18 May 2020
Taking into account the latest developments of the COVID-19 situation in Hong Kong, Library service arrangements will be as follows until further notice.
Library service arrangements are under constant review. Please check the Library website for the latest announcement before visiting the Library.
Opening hours – Main Library
The Main Library will open with limited counter service hours as follows:
|Weekdays||9:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. (Counter open 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)|
|Saturdays||9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (Counter open 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.)|
|Sundays||1:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. (No counter service)|
A self-checkout service is provided for all loanable items for patron use when there is no counter service.
The Academic Commons on Level 2 will remain closed. Collections normally housed on this level have been relocated.
Opening hours – Branch libraries
Both the Chinese Medicine Library and the Shek Mun Campus Library will open with counter services as follows:
|Weekdays||9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
End of overdue fine waiver
Overdue fines will be charged for all materials due on or after 18 May 2020. Please return your borrowed items via our book drops or at the Library during counter service hours (see opening hours above). This applies to both HKBU Library and HKALL items.
Please also note that any fines incurred before the disruption to Library opening hours caused by the COVID-19 pandemic (i.e. on materials due on or before 24 January 2020) will also be charged.
Items on hold for pickup
Previously the Library was indefinitely holding items reserved on or after 25 January 2020. These will now be re-shelved or returned to their home library for borrowing by others. Please collect any such reserved items on or before 15 May 2020 at the counter during service hours (see opening hours above).
Health protection measures
Additional measures to safeguard the health of the University community remain in force at the Library and its branches:
- Users are reminded that a face mask should be worn at all times when they are in the Library. Any user found not to be wearing a mask will be asked to leave.
- Seating has been reduced in all areas of the Library. Please do not occupy any study space that has been marked as unavailable for use.
The following services will resume with effect from 4 May 2020:
- HKALL and Interlibrary Loan (please expect delays in service delivery)
- Course Readings
- Inter-branch book transfers and requests for items in storage
- Library card applications
- Laptop borrowing service
Information for Graduate Borrower, JULAC, and other library card holders
Access for holders of valid library cards remains unaffected. However, please take special note of the following, otherwise access will be denied:
- Holders of JULAC cards that have not visited HKBU Library before should take care to make their visit during counter service hours (see opening hours above) for first-time registration.
- If your library card has expired, please renew it in advance of visiting the Library.
- For real-time assistance with any research enquiries, please make use of our online services including WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger. In-person service is available upon request at the Information Desk on weekdays between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- Adobe is providing temporary at-home access to Adobe Creative Cloud until 6 July 2020 for HKBU UGC-funded students at no additional cost. This provision is based on the current library’s subscription to the software. Interested students please submit their request via this online form (SSO protected).