RPS Manuscript Upload Function
What is this function?
This is a simple tool that allows you to upload the Accepted Manuscript of an article that you are reporting to the University using the Research Project System (RPS).
How do I upload my Accepted Manuscript through the RPS?
1. Go to BUniport and click “Research” under the tab "Works". Then click “Research Grant & Output”.
A new tab is opened and you are on the Research Output Overview page. Click “My Outputs” and then “New Output”.
You are ready to fill in your research output.
2. To upload a file with your submission, click the “Upload” button at the end of Category 21’s Research Output Details page.
3. A system message will pop up and ask if you want to proceed. Click “OK”
4. A new tab is opened and you are taken to the Manuscript Upload System page. Click the “Choose File” button to choose the accepted manuscript from your computer.
5. The file name you have chosen will appear next to the “Choose File” button. Click the “Upload” button to upload the file to this system.
6. You will see a tick icon when your file is successfully uploaded.
- If you need to check or replace the file, please go to section B.
- If you receive an error message, please go to section C.
Otherwise, simply click the exit option.
7. Done! Thank you for your time and you can safely close this tab and return to the RPS system on BUniport to continue your submission.
Section B: Check and Replace File
1. Click the second option to check or replace your uploaded file.
2. You can download the file to cross-check,
or you can delete the file and re-upload with a new one.
Section C: Error
What is the Accepted Manuscript?
In essence, the Accepted Manuscript is your paper after peer review but before the application of the publisher's formatting and designs. Click here for more information on the differences between accepted manuscript and publisher versions of scholarly papers.
Please also feel free to contact us for further clarification.
Is submission of Accepted Manuscript mandatory?
- Your publication is written while you are employed by the Hong Kong Baptist University (see HKBU Open Access Policy)
- Your publication is funded/ supported by HKBU internal grants
- Your publication is funded/ supported by certain RGC grants