How can I send online chat messages to the Library?
When can I expect an answer?
- During office hours, we aim to respond to messages as soon as possible, however please note that you may not receive an instant response. Our pledge is to respond to all questions within 24 hours (excluding Friday evenings, weekends, and public holidays).
What kind of questions can I ask via this service?
- Feel free to ask any question about HKBU Library resources, services, and facilities.
- You can also ask general research questions on any topic.
- If your enquiry is an in-depth research question, we may send you a more detailed reply via email or help you arrange a face-to-face consultation with a librarian as appropriate.
Who can use the service?
- As with the Library’s other enquiry services, the chat service is intended primarily for the students, faculty, staff, and affiliates of the University.
- For those outside the HKBU community, only basic factual information or referral services can be provided.
Who will I be chatting with?
- Your enquiry will be handled by staff of the Library’s Information Services Section.
Last updated: 29 July 2019