Enhanced COVID-19 Control Measures for All Library Visitors
With effect from 25 October 2021, all visitors to HKBU Campuses must have received their second vaccine dose 14 days or more prior to their entry to the campus. For those that do not meet this requirement, a negative COVID-19 test result from a Government-recognized testing route dated within the last 14 days must be provided.*
Please check the latest announcements on the Library website for any future update to these arrangements.
*Both the electronic and printed copies of vaccination records / negative test results will be accepted at Campus security checkpoints.
If your current Service Package has expired, please make a new application.
For card replacement enquiries, please call 3411-7444 during counter services hours.
Holders of the following qualifications:
|Hong Kong Baptist College||Diploma / 4th year honours Diploma|
|Hong Kong Baptist University||Associate Degree / Higher Diploma / Bachelor / Master / Postgraduate Certificate / Postgraduate Diploma / Doctoral Degree|
|Service Package||Fee||Borrowing Privileges|
|Borrowing privileges ONLY||1 Year: HK$ 300|
2 Years: HK$ 550
One-off waiver for one year for holders of the HKBU Affinity Credit Card
Loan Quota for Books and Multimedia Items: 100
Max. Loan Quota for Multimedia Items: 5
|Borrowing privileges with remote access to selected e-resources*||1 Year: HK$ 600|
2 Years: HK$ 1,150
|Remote access to selected eligible e-resources* ONLY||1 Year: HK$ 300|
2 Years: HK$ 550
(No onsite service privileges)
|Card replacement||HK$ 50||Enquiries:|
Please call 3411-7444 during counter services hours
* The coverage of e-resources under the Package is more limited than that of current students /staff, and is subject to change from time to time. For details on the list of eligible e-resources, please refer to http://hkbu.libguides.com/graduatedatabases
Please also be reminded to comply with the conditions of use and licensing restrictions as required by the respective e-resource provider/vendor/publisher. Refer to the Library’s policy on the Appropriate Use of E-Resources for additional details.
Important Points to Note Before Applying
- Every eligible graduate with a valid HKBU Hang Seng Affinity credit card can enjoy a one-off one-year free Graduate (Borrowing Privileges) service package. Please present it at the User Services Counter when collecting the Library Borrower Card.
- All fees paid are not refundable under any circumstances. No change to the selected service plan is allowed after an application is processed.
- The Library reserves the sole right to reject any new application or renewal of Library Card by any individual based on his or her past record with the Library, and to maintain that restriction for as long as deemed appropriate by the Library.
- Borrowing privileges and access rights to the Library’s e-resources are non-transferable.
- All users shall abide by the Library Regulations and the Library’s policy on the Appropriate Use of E-Resources. For details, please refer to the Library’s Policies and Regulations.
- All successful applicants, with the exception of those who apply for only the Remote E-resources package, will be issued with library cards, which will be held for pick-up until the card expires. In the case of late card collection, any request to refund the fee or extend the card expiration date will not be entertained.
Last updated: 24 October 2021