Based on the recommendations of the University management, a university-wide integrated research information and management system (IRIMS) named Pure has been developed for the use of all academic and most administrative departments. With 3 linked modules, IRIMS will handle grant applications, the reporting of research output and activities, and the promotion of HKBU research accomplishments and expertise, all in a single integrated system.
The University Library is the Project Manager of 2 of these modules, namely the Publication Backend and the Research Portal:
Publication Backend (SSOID login required)
- Maintains publication data accuracy and provides a “single source of truth”
- Reduce administrative workload – Data to be used across units, facilitating faculty evaluation process and research reporting including CDCF, RAE, UAA, PEP and KT reports
- Facilitate data-driven approach to research strategies
- Enable public and private CV generations for individual end users
- Streamline the workflow of electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)
Research Portal (branded “HKBU Scholars”; for public access)
- Build institutional reputation and enhance visibility
- Showcase expertise and facilitate collaborations
- Support open access
Please go to the IRIMS user guide developed by the Library to learn more about these two modules and the corresponding submission policies and workflows.
Last updated: 30 August 2021