1. Equipment available for Loan
|Power Adapter with charge cable |
|USB-C to USB Adapter||2|
|USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter|
(USB-C / HDMI / USB)
|Headphone with Microphone||3|
|Notebook computers (Windows / Mac)||Windows: 14|
- Only current HKBU faculty, staff, or students are eligible to borrow the equipment.
- Your library account must be in good standing without being blocked by fines or suspension.
3. Loan Rule
- Loan period: 4 hours (Must be returned 1 hour before the User Services Counter’s closing time)
- Loan quota: 1 equipment / type
- No renewal / advanced booking / placing hold.
- It is strictly prohibited to:
- Borrow the equipment overnight.
- Take the equipment out of the Main Library.
4. Fines & Charges
- Overdue fines per item
- Notebook: $20 per hour, maximum $1,000
- IT accessories: $20 per hour, maximum $200
- Lost / damage charges: The actual replacement or repairing costs + $60 processing fee.
- You will be asked to sign an “Acknowledgment of Damaged Equipment” form if the equipment is returned with damages.
- Failure to pay the fines / charges will result in the suspension of library privileges until the payment is settled.
- All equipment is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Present your valid HKBU staff / student card in person at the User Services Counter.
- It is your responsibility to examine the condition of the equipment upon checkout. Please report any defects or malfunctions to the counter once they are found.
- Return the equipment to the User Services Counter in person.
- Leave the laptop / MacBook open when returning for inspection.
- All equipment has to be returned 1 hour before the User Services Counter’s closing time.
- NEVER leave the equipment unattended.
- Take good care of the equipment.
- Don’t add / remove / modify any hardware or software in the laptops / MacBooks.
- Use the laptops / MacBooks solely for academic or educational purposes.
- Observe copyright law. You are responsible for any consequences arising from inappropriate uploading and/or downloading of any copyright-protected files.
- All data will be erased upon reboot of the laptops / MacBooks; save all documents on an external storage. The Library is not responsible for any leakage of personal data or data loss due to hardware / software / logout failure.
- The above guidelines are subject to review and change by Hong Kong Baptist University Library as appropriate without prior notice.
Last updated: 27 September 2023