The service is available for held books with pickup location at the Main Library. It allows patrons to optionally pay a service charge to have held books delivered via SF Express (delivery time within 1-3 working days).
Save your time and effort from pick-up hold books at the Main Library. Use the Held Book Delivery Service now!
Patrons may choose to have their held books delivered either door-to-door, via the SF locker service, or its stores.
|Number of Books||Service Charge (HKD)|
- Service charges are set on a cost-recovery basis.
- The maximum number of books per order is 8.
- Orders for Oversize books are not accepted.
i) Sign into your Library Account:
ii) Click the “Request” tab and click the “HELD BOOK DELIVERY” link.
iii) entries with *
* Orders are accepted only for held books that have been successfully located and placed at the Main Library’s User Services Counter, pending for users to pick up.
iv) Your selected entry will be added to “My Selections” pending for payment, and the delivery fee will display.
v) “Continue” to proceed.
vi) Carefully read the service terms. If accepted, “Yes”.
vii) Fill in the order form and “Next”.
viii) If no modification of the order form is required, “Confirm & Pay”.
ix) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the payment process:
x) Upon order delivery, you will receive a text message from SF Express.
- When the Library packs held books for the courier to pick up, they will be checked out to borrower accounts, and notification mails will be sent to the borrowers accordingly.
- Orders cannot be modified after packed, and the delivery fees paid will not be refundable.
- If you need to track orders, please contact SF Express HK.
- For any unsuccessful deliveries (e.g. due to provision of incorrect address, failure to pick up the order from locker by the expiry date, courier not being able to reach you, etc.), borrowers will be charged an administration fee (HKD10 per order) accordingly.
- Under the following circumstances, order requests will NOT be accepted:
- The expiry date of your borrower record is less than 14 days before the order date.
- Charges accrued to your borrower record have exceeded the fine ceiling (HKD150).
Last updated: 28 June 2022