One self-check machine is located on Level 3 in the Main Library. This facility allows users to check out materials outside of Library service hours. It also provides an alternative to queuing up at the User Services Counter during busy periods when the Library is open.
When making use of this facility, please note:
- You should have valid borrowing privileges at HKBU Library and have your library card (e.g. Student/Staff ID card, Graduate Borrower card) ready to hand.
- You must not have any service blocks on your library account. If you have outstanding fines of HK$ 150 or above, you need to settle your fines at the User Services Counter before using the self-check machine. Long overdue items may also trigger a service block.
- You can only check out books from the General and the Popular Book collection. Multimedia items (CDs, DVDs, etc), books with accompanying multimedia items, and music scores cannot be checked out with the machine.
To begin, scan your Student/Staff ID card or Library Card or put it on the card reader and then follow the on-screen prompts.
Tips for using the self-check machine:
- Process only one item at a time.
- Make sure the spine of the book that you are checking out rests in the V-cradle. If the self-check machine will not checkout or scan the barcode of a particular book (oversize books, overly thick books, barcodes that cannot be scanned), please take it to the User Services Counter for assistance.
- If your book is not desensitized properly and triggers the alarm at the Library exit gate, please take it to the User Services Counter for assistance. During the 24 hour opening period of the Academic Commons, seek assistance from the duty security guard.
- No paper receipt will be printed out. Please check your email inbox for your electronic receipt.
- Remember to logout after each session and take your card with you.
Last updated: 16 August 2019