The Collaborative Computer Laboratory of the Multimedia Learning Centre (MLC) is primarily used for library workshops and seminars to enhance information literacy and the effective use of library and Internet resources. Academic or administrative staff may reserve the Lab only when the requirements set out below are met. The Lab is also open to other users on a first come, first served basis when it is not in use for instruction.
Booking by Staff
The Lab may be reserved…
- by teaching or administrative staff
- for conducting academic seminars or workshops
- for 20 to 30 participants (HKBU staff and students only)
- for no more than 3 hours per session
- During the peak period of library instruction (1st – 4th weeks of each semester), the Lab is not open for booking
- Please refer to the Lab’s online schedule before planning your reservations
- All bookings should be done online
- You will be notified of booking confirmation or rejection by email
- We reserve the right to reassign the Lab to other users if the applicant does not show up 15 minutes after the booking time
Conduct of Users
- Keep the Lab neat and tidy
- Take good care of the computing equipment
- Unattended items left for an extended period of time may be removed by library staff without prior notice
- Take note of the Library’s guidelines for the Conduct of Users, which also apply to the Lab
- Although the library will make every reasonable effort to ensure the integrity of computers and software in the laboratory, the responsibility to check if all teaching materials or files can be properly displayed/played/used on the computers is the teacher’s. Please do so prior to submitting this application. Thank you.
- New software recommendations made by faculty members will be passed to the Library’s administration for consideration. Corresponding installations (if approved) will be done during the summer vacation. Requests for the installation of software/freeware that is not intended for recurrent and frequent usage will not be accommodated.
For further questions, please contact Digital and Multimedia Services Section at firstname.lastname@example.org or 3411-5239. Thank you for your cooperation!
Last updated: 06 August 2019