These rooms are available for booking by eligible Library users for the purpose of group discussion.
Number of Users
|Rooms 1 & 2||Rooms 3-6|
|Minimum no. of users||3||2|
|Maximum no. of users||6||4|
No PCs are provided in these rooms. Users can either bring their personal laptops, or they may consider borrowing one from the Library.
- Bookings should be done online.
- Users from the same group may book a room once per day and a maximum of three times per week.
- If a group is more than 15 minutes late, the booking is no longer in force and another group can take the room for the rest of that booking.
Using the Rooms
- Users are not required to check-in before making use of the Group Study Rooms that they have reserved.
- Doors to the Group Study Rooms are left unlocked. Groups should simply enter the room at the booking time.
- The specified minimum number of users should be present during the booking period.
- Users should return the room to its original state and leave promptly at the end of their booking period.
- In the event of any dispute over the use of the Group Study Rooms, the decision of the Library staff on duty shall be final.
Conduct of Users
- Users that misuse these facilities will be subject to sanctions as detailed in the Library’s User Behaviour Policy.
- Users are responsible for keeping the rooms neat and tidy.
- Valuables should not be left unattended in the Group Study Rooms. Under no circumstances shall the Library be held responsible for any loss or damage to personal items.
- Items found unattended in Group Study Rooms may be removed without prior notice.
- The Library reserves the right to inspect the rooms even if they are in use.
Arrangements when the Main Library is closed but the Academic Commons remains open
During those periods when only security guards are on duty in the Academic Commons:
- Online room booking does not apply, and study spaces in the rooms are made available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Doors to the group study rooms shall remain open.
- Personal belongings must not be used to occupy study spaces in the rooms.
- In the event of any dispute over the use of the Group Study Rooms, the decision of the duty security guard shall be final.
For further enquiries, please contact the User Services Counter at 3411-7444.
Last updated: 15 October 2019